Tuesday, March 17, 2009

homemade water table

Lately Ashley has been craving water for play. We go to the pool a lot, but even at home, she's been going into the bathroom and playing with water in the sink. Well, today, she accidentally got water all over the bathroom floor. So I had to come up with another solution. I went through the phone book, calling at least 6 stores and second hand shops, but no one had a water table yet. It may be warm outside, but they wont be getting them in for a month, they thought.

Then I found a bunch online, at Amazon and such, but they were so expensive! The least expensive one was over 50 dollars, and I wasn't all that impressed with it. That's when I remembered I had this long storage container on the top of my closet, empty. It's actually meant to slide under a bed I think.

The girls and I took a quick trip to Bed Bath & Beyond, and I got the deepest container I could find, to use as a pedestal. It was about 16 dollars.



We brought it inside, and Andy turned the deep container upside down. He drilled two holes in the bottom at each corner. Then he drilled one hole at the top of the shallow container, in each corner.

We used plastic ties to secure the two containers together.


Our neighbor's daughter came over for a little while, and all the girls had a great time with the new water table. They were all in green for St. Patrick's Day. Then two more neighbors and their dog, came and sat on the other side of the porch with me, and we talked, while the girls played. After a while the two big girls got up to go find leprechauns in the grass. It was such a nice afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment