Friday, December 19, 2008

Mint Swirl Brownies, Lights & Crafts




I know I'm obsessed with these brownies, but I couldn't resist sharing one more with you! I'm still doing the mint, but this time I also added some Vanilla Pudding, then I gave it a swirl with a tooth pick for a pretty effect. It tasted amazing too :-) Just add 5 minutes to the bake time if you try this.

Plus 1 and 1/2 teaspoon of mint extract.
(They are even better cold after after being in the fridge!)

Note: I used alchohol-free extract because it was the only spearmint I could find, and I don't care for peppermint. If you use one that is not alchohol-free, you probably wont need 1 and 1/2 teaspoons. I'd start with 1/2 tsp and taste to see.

Some of the lights in Longmont:



A time honored tradition in our house is watching A Christmas Story on Christmas Day... Notice the lamp at this house above... LOL Where did they find it?



Zoe dipped pine cones in white paint to create snow.


And we hung them on the tree with our Scandinavian designed dolls. They are part of relief work - I did not make these myself.


A baby blankie I knit for a very good friend.


Zoe taking a picture of her new hairdo today. Love the missing teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment